Thursday, May 12, 2016

Murphy & family

Recent expenses have included:

$350 flight change fee thru Delta for unexpected visa issues with my mom's trip to Korea - this made me absolutely furious, but nothing could be done.

$2154 to the IRS for 2014 tax error - horrified. I felt sick when I got the letter.

$318.95 gifts for mom to prep for Korea - what I bought her takes care of gifts for all of this year's occasions though- Mother's Day, Christmas, birthday.

$500 to dad to use as spending money in Korea - he is currently very underemployed, a nice gesture.

TOTAL: $3,322.95

A rough start to the month. I was so gungho about my savings at the start of the year, I was all set to hit the 20k mark by May. All of this plus the $1180 I owed in taxes this year really dampened my spirits and set me back considerably. Still, I am thankful to have the savings to dip into when Murphy visits, and to be able to do things for my family. Just need to buckle down these next few months I guess. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment