Monday, April 18, 2016

Time off

It is Monday evening and I am full of barely suppressed glee as I've taken the day off tomorrow! Although long weekends are also wonderful I find that having a mid-week break feels absolutely luxurious. It makes the work week feel so much shorter, you get an extra "Friday evening" of unwinding, and it's just a lovely break from routine. This one is a bit special as the reason I've taken off is to celebrate my birthday! It's a rule of mine to never work on my birthday; even if I don't do anything special the fact that I don't have to work is special enough! I've started the evening off right by treating myself to a cheeky pizza (frozen Digiorno, which I love). I'm planning on taking a bath with some of my favorite LUSH products, drinking a glass of red, and watching my favorite Korean television program.

I am truly blessed to have a job that I absolutely love, but man I dream of being able to work part-time. How awesome would it be to work Mon/Tue, have a break Wed, then go back Thurs/Fri? Although I save my PTO for long vacations as I do like to travel, I'm contemplating using some of it to just take one random "mental health" day off every month. At my previous job we were given 26 days of PTO a year, most of which rolled over, plus we would usually get an extra 2-3 added on for doing well on certain workplace goals etc. We got 11 holidays off in addition to that! Really great PTO for the US, especially at a nonprofit. I used to take a day off every other week and still manage a 2 week holiday along the way. Those were the days...

Anyways, I'm off now to enjoy my bath! Hoping everyone is able to treat themselves to some R&R!

No comments:

Post a Comment